Dr. Joseph Robin
MB.BS. (Hons) F.R.A.C.S (Orthopaedics), F.A. Orth.A., Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Monash University, Vic., Australia 1967 - 1972
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Honours), Monash University,
- F.R.A.C.S (Orthopaedics), (Fellowship of Australasian College of Surgeons) February, 1980
- F.A. Orth.A., (Fellowship of Australian Orthopaedic Association) June 1986
- The Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria, (1972 – current).
- Orthopaedic Surgery, with special interest in:
- Hip & Knee Arthroplasty (Replacement and Resurfacing),
- Arthroscopic Surgery of Knee, Shoulder & Ankle
- Adult Sports injuries.
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Current Appointments (Public Hospital):
- Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon (and Head of Orthopaedic Unit II):
Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre
Heidelberg, Melbourne, Australia.
- Tutor in Orthopaedics:
Clinical Associate in Dept Surgery, Melbourne Uni.(1983-1999)
Senior Fellow in Faculty of Medicine, Melbourne Uni (1999-current)
University of Melbourne
- Austin Hospital Representative to Victorian Board of Studies of the AOA (Vic. Branch Training Committee), 1996-2001
- Honorary Secretary to the Victorian Board of Studies of the AOA (Vic. Branch Training Committee), 1998-2001
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, Masada Private Hospital, 1989-present
- Senior Medical Staff appointments and accredited VMO privileges at Masada, The Avenue, and Cabrini Private Hospitals, and several private rehabilitation hospitals in Melbourne.
Private Hospital Visiting Rights:
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
700 GlenHuntly Rd.,
- The Avenue Hospital,
- St. F. X. Cabrini Hospital.
His particular interests are:
- Hip Resurfacing (Birmingham Hip) for ‘younger’ Patients with Osteoarthritis
- Bone Graft Substitutes (Synthetic Bone Graft Materials)
- Alternative/Nonsurgical methods of treating established fracture non-unions